Downloads of Hunger Information, Research and Resources
The data below, available for download, represents an accumulation of hunger information that has been researched and developed by a variety of hunger organizations, governmental agencies and private groups at the National, State and Local level, including Share Our Strength, FRAC, Florida Impact, and many others. Additional updates, charts, infographics and links to newly released information can be found on the End Childhood Hunger advocacy blog, here.
Resources & Historical Data
1. Federal Government response to hunger in America; a breakdown of Federal Programs. Download.
2. Benefits of Federal Child Nutrition Programs. Download
7. 2009 Feeding Florida Facts for the State of Florida, from the Florida Impact Report. Download.
8. 2009 Feeding Florida Facts for Broward County, from the Florida Impact Report. Download.
9. 2009 Feeding Florida Facts for Dade County, from the Florida Impact Report. Download.
10. 2009 Feeding Florida Facts for Palm Beach County, from the Florida Impact Report. Download.
11. Broward Hunger Survey, prepared by the Broward Regional Health Planning Council. Download.
12. Broward County Family Resource Guide, prepared by the Children Services Council of Broward County (large file). Download.
13. South Florida Hunger Coalition list of Food Banks and Food Pantries in Broward County. Download.
14.South Florida Hunger Coalition map of the locations of Food Banks and Food Pantries in Broward County. Download
15. Summary of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010. Download
16. 2010 Report on Poverty Rates, by State. Download
17. "Hunger in America" National Report prepared for Feeding America. Download
18. USA Today Special Hunger Report published in September, 2010. Download
The shortest path to ending childhood hunger in South Florida, and the United States, is by insisting our elected officials at all levels of government properly fund, and fully support, existing programs such as the Federal School Breakfast, School Lunch, After-School Snack, After-School Dinner programs and Summer feeding programs, as well as expand and enhance food assistance, child care, child health insurance and nutrition education programs.
Keep Track of Federal Legislation - Use "GOVTRACK!
GovTrack.us is a tool developed to help the public research and track the activities in the U.S. Congress, promoting and innovating government transparency and civic education through novel uses of technology. You'll find the status of U.S. federal legislation, voting records for the Senate and House of Representatives, information on Members of Congress, district maps, as well as congressional committees and the Congressional Record.
The site is a research tool but also a free tracking service. Pick up Trackers throughout the site to make a personalized feed or get email updates.